Saturday 22 November 2014

Cadbury Marvellous Creations Limited Edition 2 x Stars

Believe it or not, I've actually reached the last Marvellous Creations product in my review basket - at least until Cadbury puts out another round of flavours! Let's take a look at newcomer Stars.





Different from anything else we've seen so far from the Marvellous Creations range, Stars is a bit of a black sheet. The 26g bag is labelled 'Limited Edition', the first we've seen this explicit phrasing used in the range. Its contents is '2 x Stars' - a not very eloquent name, given so far we've seen 'Jelly Zingers', 'Jelly Popping Candy' and the like. And the packaging is different, too - a thin plastic bag verses the foil plastic seen on the blocks and bars.


Described as being 'filled with caramel, raspberry and mint chips', the chocolate stars don't even contain a complimentary flavour combination. I hope I'm not going to be let down by the last MC product! But it seems that way; when I pulled the stars out the bag, it was obvious they had been jostled around during shipment, and not gently. At least they were unbroken.


The stars have the typical Cadbury Dairy Milk sweet, milky scent, influenced by lots of other notes. I picked up caramel and mint fairly easily - not a nice combination - but couldn't smell any trace of raspberry.The taste is quite strange; mint has had its way with the chocolate, making it a lovely peppermint-flavoured chocolate, a la the milk chocolate in the Peppermint blocks. The chips aren't popping candy like I was sort of expecting; they are just literal chips with a brittle-like consistency. I couldn't find any flavour notes of the raspberry or caramel; the peppermint has done a very good job of claiming the stars as its own!


To their credit, the chips do provide a ice texture; they are sharp and crunch well, but the pieces are tiny and I think I'd like them if they were a little bigger.

It's an odd combination of flavours that didn't work in the end. Lose the caramel and raspberry chips, Cadbury, and I'll be all over this.

Score: 3 out of 5 jelly beans.

Cadbury Marvellous Creations 2 x Stars are made in Australia. They contain milk, wheat glucose syrup and soy, and may contain traces of peanuts and tree nuts.

1 comment:

  1. I love the combination of flavours. The stars are my favourite of the Cadbury Marvellous Creations. I also like the fact that you get two small pieces in the bag.

    ReplyDelete